Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ghost Bridge

Was coming back from Pilsen with my digital photo class (you can see Minna the teacher in the last pic with her back to us) after shooting a friends Foundry. (Pics coming)
I was driving and decided to take them off the highway a bit to a really spooky place I found a few years ago. I was staying at a girlfriend's cottage on a small lake in a village about 15 Km from Pilsen when I was told about the place by one of her neighbours. He told me that down in the dip of the old Royal Pilsen Prague road (now disused as a new highway was built) is the remains of a 500 year old bridge. This is the bridge that the Royal carriages and everyone else would have to pass over to get from Germany to Prague. This is the place where the bandits would jump out and shout "Stand and Deliver" Apparently it was notorious. Also in that dip and bend of the road have been all sorts of horrible traffic accidents over the years including one where a schoolbus hit a fuel tanker and a whole bunch of kids and people went up in smoke. Spooky place. I was glad to get the hell out of there. Gave me the heeby geebies.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: